Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Last Hurrah For Sale-A-Bration!!!


SALE-A-Bration finishes on March 31st for another year and as usual there were some fabulous stamp sets to choose from, as well as paper packs & vellum. I love the SALE-A-Bration offerings every year. I've been thinking about which was my favourite, and going by the cards I've made, I'm thinking it is Flowering Fields.

I enjoyed putting together this grunge card with three panels back in January when SALE-A-Bration was just starting out, and this pretty watercoloured offering was even earlier and has been pinned many times on Pinterest.




Most recently, I made a set of notecards to give to an old friend of my mother's.
Again, these have been watercoloured, using ink and a combination of blender pen and Aquapainters to colour the images. The outside border is matched to a shade used on the bloom, and I stamped and coloured the envelopes to match. I have left them free of a sentiment, as I hope June will use them quickly and not hoard them for a 'special occasion'. June upcycles the magazines she receives from the boarding school that she, my mother and I all attended, which must be an effort for her, now she is 90. She truly deserves some 'happy mail'.

At the same time, I stamped this notebook which Stampin' Up!® used to sell. I wanted to keep a record of the classes I hold, who attends, and what products we used.
Four flowers were stamped and coloured straight onto the Kraft cover. A strip of Wildfower Fields Designer Series Paper was added to the base, after using the corner rounding punch from the Envelope Punch Board to round two corners. A length of ribbon finishes the notebook, along with a gold button and linen thread. The Little Letter thinlets were used to cut the title. You can get two of these notebooks for $3.58 here in the Clearance Rack.

Australian readers only.
This week, the Weekly Deals are a worthwhile place to begin your shopping, if you've been meaning to make an order and get yourself some SALE-A-Bration freebies.
If you leave a comment telling me which is your favourite SALE-A-Bration item and why, you will be in the running to win a free SALE-A-Bration stamp set *no purchase required to qualify*!!!!





Cheers, Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to receive your positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel