Sunday 28 February 2016

Wildflower Birthday Wishes SAB CTC#68



   This week at CASE-ing The Catty we are sharing another SALE-A-Bration pick, whether it be a stamp set, one of the papers or even Project Life - they're all available for you to pick when you make an order of $90. If you happen to be mad for everything in the Occasions catalogue, you can pick an item for every $90 you order ($180 = 2 items, $270 = 3 items, $360 = 4 etc). If you get as high as that, maybe you should have a chat to me about joining up as a demonstrator, Stampin' Up!® welcomes and supports all types of demonstrators from the hobby demo buying crafting supplies at a discount, through to those making it a full time business. During SALE-A-Bration you get to choose $60 extra, choose $295 of any products from the Annual Catalogue and/or the Occasions Catalogue and pay only $169. Of course, if you prefer to be a customer, you can purchase your supplies through my online shop, or by contacting me, you just need to have a delivery address in Australia. 

One of the great things about being a demonstrator is being able to really plan your spending to take advantage of these promotions. This is the time of year when I stocktake my card, dimensionals, glues - really all the consumables I use for classes. Naturally I spread it over the three months of Sale-A-Bration so it doesn't do too much damage to my budget, and I usually end up with everything from the SAB catty. I love the SAB products, possibly because they have to be earned and there are generally less of them around. On the other hand, have you noticed what fantastic sets of sentiments they have during SAB. You can't ever have enough variations of 'happy birthday' greetings, can you?
The card in the catalogue with the cute chick is so sweet, I could have happily CASE-d it for my project. However, where's the challenge in that? Using that layout as my base, I took the Wildflower Fields DSP, Flowering Fields and Perfect Pairings rubber stamps, and this is what I came up with. I'm just a tiny bit besotted with the wee butterfly too, it's such a sweet little addition. This is a simple little card really, you could use this design for so many different cards.
With that challenge on my mind, I've substituted a baby bear for a cute chick. Bear Hugs comes with dies to cut the many pieces, and Balloon Builder of course has the matching punch, but this exercise was to show what you could do with less supplies. Cherry On Top is the paper stack used at the bottom of the card, it has helped me to pull a variety of colours for the card. I am wishing that I'd put a wee butterfly over baby bear's head (and I think I might just do that before it leaves my hands!)
Would you like to learn how to make cards like this for your family and friends? I have a simple beginners class on Thursday 10th March. Come at 10 am or 7pm, it will only take 1-1½ hours to make two very easy cards. The location is South Morang, Victoria - more details given when you make contact. Email-  rpalmieri5@bigpond.com



If you'd like to play along at CASE-ing The Catty, you can link your project here.


You may have arrived from CASE-ing the Catty



and perhaps now you're going to head off to Helen at H2 Designs


Have fun hopping
Cheers, Rachel


5 comments:

  1. Love your take on the CASE this week, especially the flower one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, what a lovely combination of colours and it shows how you can use a design with many different stamp set to create lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your great layout ideas! I totally love the flowering fields card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your CASEs of this cheery card. No you can never have too many Birthday stamps - or birthday cards ready to go either - this is a great layout for that! I love that tiny butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "happy birthday" stamp works beautifully with both the pretty florals & your cute baby bear. You can never have too many birthday cards & these are great! :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel