Friday 18 December 2015

Tri-fold Birthday Card

Today was my second grandson's 6th birthday. I won't see him till Sunday, so I do have a little time up my sleeve, but this morning I decided I would make a dinosaur tri-fold card for his birthday.


This was the first time I had made one and I've pretty much bluffed it all the way, so they're not hard to put together. However, the decorating did take quite a long time, because I kept adding. The original idea involved No Bones About It and a different dinosaur, but once the Sheltering Trees were added, the first dinosaur was too tall. 
Next came the party hat and a cupcake (that's from a stamp set in the Stampin' Up!® Occasions Catalogue, out January 5th). Later I added three balloons, then the large one from Celebrate Today was added to hold the number 6. That is also new, Number of Years is the stamp set, and there is a co-ordinating Framelit set with 2 banners and a set of large numbers. I know I will get a lot of use from this set, with some 40ths coming in the next few months, and it its always fun to put an age on the children's special cards. 
Finally, I added two more balloons, so the balloons equal the number of years. The two smaller balloons are also from the Occasions Catalogue. Balloon Celebration has a few variations of sentiments and balloons, and even better, there's a punch for the two sizes of balloon. You're able to purchase this in a bundle at a 15% discount. I'm a sucker for balloons..... well, this sort rather than the real thing, which can unpredictably pop!


There was a large white space on the inside of the middle panel to write a message, and I used the leafy green paper from Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper to cover two of the front facing panels. I do hope Isaac likes partying dinosaurs, his mum has sent me a photo of his cake tonight and it is a treasure map, so maybe I should have gone down the pirate path!!!!
It is expected to reach 41°C (106°F) here in Melbourne tomorrow,
Enjoy your weekend,

Cheers, Rachel
Don't forget, you can shop for your supplies even during the holiday season. Any image below will take you to that item in my shop or you can shop online here too. There are Year-End Clearance items too!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel