Saturday 31 October 2015

Batman Birthday Boy

Tomorrow is my grandson Tyler's birthday party and although I have a card, it wasn't specifically made with Tyler in mind. So this morning I went straight into my craft room with the invitation as inspiration and put together this custom-made card. After receiving the Batman invitation, I checked to see if he had a dress-up (he didn't) so part of Tyler's gift is a Batman outfit. Even though punch art is hardly my 'thing', I do like a matching card and gift!!!!


To make the Batman motif, I cut a yellow oval and a black one a size smaller with Ovals Collection Framelits. Using grid paper as a guide, I drew a grid in pencil on the back of the black oval to guide me with the punching. Choosing an assortment of punches, the Word Window, Modern Label Punch (retired) and the large Oval Punch, which is now really the smallest Stampin' Up!® sell I've punched an imitation of the insignia on the invitation.

Happy Birthday has been stamped using Watercolor Words, a photopolymer stamp introduced in the Stampin' Up!® Annual catalogue in June 2015. Love this casual scrawl!

I haven't been using my Little Letter Framelits lately, so this seemed a great occasion to personalise something and a touch of texture was added underneath with Chevron Textured Embossing Folder.

Happy Halloween if you're celebrating,
Cheers 
Rachel
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel