Friday 26 June 2015

Love and Sympathy CTC#36


This week the CASE-ing The Catty Crew are CASE-ing the section of the catalogue titled Love & Sympathy, pages 19-30. You may be starting here with me, or perhaps you have come from Alison's blog. If you've started here, you can continue to blog hop your way right around for plenty of CASE-ing The Catty inspiration by clicking on the link at the end of my blog. If you happen to get lost along the way, you can get back on track at Case-ing The Catty.


My idea for this card came to me in the middle of the night, and I could hardly wait for some free time to try it out! It was inspired by a card on page 20 using the same stamp set, Groovy Love. I liked the way the front of the card was raised, with a heart placed behind the punched out heart. I also loved the Linen Thread tied through the heart, to the outer edge.




The line with 'love' is from Hello Life and underneath is 'you' from Endless Birthday Wishes. Both these stamp sets are photopolymer, making them easy to place accurately, as they're see-through, and slightly cheaper too.Two great points in their favour. The 'Mum' and 'Dad' stamps are from a retired stamp set, For My Family. It hasn't had a lot of use, but I knew it was one I should hang on to when it retired.



I made the card for my littlest grandson to take home to his parents after he had spent the day with me. One of my team, Carmela, gave me the idea, after she shared some of the crafting she does with her grandsons. I've snuck a little picture of Oliver and me onto the page. I must try stamping with some of my older grandchildren, when they come to stay. Naturally, since Oliver is only 13 months old, it was all made before he arrived, and I drew around his chubby little hand. When I gave him markers to draw on the inside, he hardly connected with the paper, but almost poked my eye out!!!




Next blog along the loop is Bronwyn's Addinktive Designs,  she will have something wonderful to share.

Cheers,
Rachel

You can shop anytime in my online shop and don't forget that there are great Weekly Deals every Wednesday morning.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thing to do, with Oliver, Rachel! I loved your story about your time together. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is divine, Rachel, but I'm afraid your cute grandson has hijacked this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cool card and an even cooler blog post. Thank you for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your story with your special time creating with your grandson. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours on your card. You can't go past black, white and red to symbolise lurrrrve. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you have mixed up the hearts on your card and changed the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with this card, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, that's so sweet, Rachel! Cute card inside & out, cute idea & VERY cute grandson. ♥

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel