Friday 22 May 2015

You're My Anchor CTC#31

This CASE-ing The Catty blog hop this week is all about masculine cards. We always hear how difficult it is to make these cards, so it is handy to use the catalogue for inspiration. On page 40 of the Occasions Catalogue, I found a card using the anchor from Guy Greetings and I have used that as a starting point for my cards this week.






I used the ship from Traveler and the splashes stamps from Work Of Art for colour beneath in one (Mint Macaron, Lost Lagoon) and above in the other (Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry). The 'Happy Birthday' is in the Guy Greetings set, but I had a script birthday leftover from another project which I decided to also include for a bit of variety. Traveler has some great images for cards for the men in your life, a world globe. antique camera, steam train while Guy Greetings has some spanners and the cute sentiment 'righty-tighty, lefty-loosey' which I am looking forward to using for my plumber son soon.

 Next I decided to step the basic card up a notch or two, for my hubby. Guy Greetings has "You're My Anchor" along with the anchor stamp, so paired up with the ship it makes a great theme. After punching a hole in the anchor, I threaded some chunky Natural and Old Olive Two-Tone Trim through and added some banners at the top. That's some of the new Bohemian DSP, my favourite from the new catalogue, and I came home from Convention with a packet too. There are a lot more sentiments in the Guy Greetings set, Happy Father's Day, Congratulations and Grandpa, Uncle, Brother, Dad etc, so you'll be set for most events with this one.

The other good news is that although the occasions Catalogue finishes  in just over a week (on June 2nd) Guy Greetings has made it into the Annual Catalogue, and Traveler is there for another year too. Plenty of good stamps won't continue after June 2nd, do you need to have a chat to me to find out what is retiring? Do you need a copy of the new catalogue?

Next blog on the hop is Elizabeth Gross at Lilly Loves Paper. I wonder what gorgeous inspiration Liz has for us this week?

Cheers,
Rachel.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Clever mix of stamp images, Rachel. Those swooshes make perfect waves & sunset skies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both the simple and the stepped up version, it's always great to see where inspiration leads. Love the anchor tag with the ship- another set on the Wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous! I attempted several times to CASE that design and all of mine ended up in the bin! I love the Lost Lagoon one....beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel