Monday 6 April 2015

Playful Painted Petals and Pennants, CQC #285 RS#159

I've been away visiting my eldest son and his family for the last three days and it has been wonderful.
My husband is back to work tomorrow, I have the rest of the week off work - lovely.

There's a cute sketch at Retro-Sketches with banners, and I haven't played with Retro Sketches for ages.

I wondered how to mix these spring-like colours from ColourQ up in a 'different' way, and pulled three stamp sets from the shelf. Playful Pennants was the first, providing the banners and sentiment. Butterfly Basics gave the Daffodil Delight pattern across the bottom and a tiny butterfly on one of the pennants.

Lastly, Painted Petals added in a few pretty flowers and foliage. Actually, I can see lots of different directions to go with this one now, but its late and I must get some sleep!

Cheers
Rachel

Thrilled to bits to be a Colour Courtier at ColourQ and to get a shout out at RetroSketches! Both challenges were very inspiring.







Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Rachel! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card Rachel. I love the pop of pink in the blossoms and the cute little butterfly, but then I'm a pink girl anyway, so of course I'll love it! Very pretty indeed x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamped banners are fantastic! Thank you for sharing with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel