Monday 10 November 2014

Stripes and Flowers FMS#161

What a busy weekend! I've had a heap of birthday shopping to do for my November/December grandchildren and my husband's birthday (tomorrow). Sunday I went out with a group of friends and family to see Les Miserables. I hadn't ever seen it before, so I had no idea about the storyline, nor any expectations. It was held at Her Majesty's Theatre in Melbourne, a very fine old theatre, and my daughter-in-law had booked us wonderful seats. The cast were magnificent, the costumes and scenery amazing, which ensured we had several delightful hours of entertainment. Later, we slipped into Chinatown for some yummy dumplings!

Enough about the social life! I wasn't sure that I would be able to complete this challenge for Freshly Made Sketches, but I have. I was determined to get away from the 'pink and pretty' birthday card and settled for Black, White and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities. It's always so relaxing colouring a flower with Blendabilities and you can hardly go wrong. If you love flowers, the hostess set Bloom With Hope is perfect, so many to choose from. I layered and masked just a little and fussy cut them after colouring. I like the fact that it has sentiments and verses for birthdays and bereavements.

However, because of the striped DSP, I felt the birthday label from Tag Talk was better suited here. This card has already made its way into a friend's hand for her birthday. I didn't tell her this morning that it was hot off the press!

Have a great week,

Rachel



div style="margin: 20px 0">

2 comments:

  1. Your colors are striking and definitely combined to make one beautiful birthday card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bold color scheme and wonderfully graphic design. I love the mix of texture, color and patterns. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel