Sunday 23 November 2014

Lavender and Lace SSC89

What a strange coincidence that Sunday Stamps have a Color Challenge for Plum and Lavender, when I have a special order to make a 90th birthday card in mauve. It was a pleasure to pull out the long-neglected Apothecary Art stamp set and try colouring with Blendabilities

It is quite a different technique using Blendabilities compared to using Stampin' Write Markers. I found it difficult to work as delicately, but overall, I was happy with the result. I  will enter it for the challenge at SUO Challenges too. I was sure I had a movie in my DVD collection, called "Lavender and Lace", but I had a quick look on my shelf and it is actually "Ladies In Lavender" starring the wonderful actresses Judi Dench and Maggie Smith. So, I suppose, it was the mistaken memory which caused me to choose the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder to go along with the Wisteria Wonder. I love shades of purple too, as well as the fragrance of lavender.


I tried a couple of ways to include the numerals, and decided that this solution was the tidiest. I stamped the sentiment, Happiest Birthday, which is also in Apothecary Art, and cut the two words apart. 


The numerals have been stamped, fussy cut and adhered to disguise where the sentiment was cut apart. I don't suppose you can see that I have stamped on Shimmery White rather than Whisper White. It is a sturdier card and has a delightful shimmer to it. Do you know, I believe that Apothecary Art and the matching Framelits were the first ever items in my Stampin' Up! collection that matched! Now everything I have matches. It was a pleasure to work on this special order, I hope the recipient enjoys the good wishes the card brings to her also.

Are you enjoying a pleasant weekend, or did you have to work?

Cheers, 
Rachel

Very happy to be picked in the Top 3 at SUO challenges.
Rachel Palmieri.  Rachel's coloring is so soft and pretty. What a beautiful way to personalize a milestone birthday.










8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! I'm sure the recipient will love it! Great use of the purple tones in the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful colouring Rachel, and you are right - it's good to get out the forgotten stamps like Apothecary art and use them again! Thanks for joining in the challenge at SUO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is a beautiful card! I love that background and the colouring is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you colored this stamp set! I don't ink mine enough. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! Hope you will create with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love the marker colors that you chose and I am sure the recipient will be thrilled! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...I love the personalized touch with the birthday #! Thanks for playing along with the Marker Fun SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a soft and pretty feminine card; I'm sure the recipient will be delighted to receive this. The Lovely Lace EF was a beautiful compliment to the Apothecary stamp! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful!! I love the 90 - 90 years makes it even MORE beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel