Monday 11 August 2014

Take Note: Happy Birthday

 Today I have inked up yet another stamp for the first time. This one is called Tap, Tap Tap, and I just had to order it because it reminded me so much of my late mother. She was a book-keeper and one of her later employers was a firm that sold office equipment: mainly adding machines and typewriters. We always had at least one of each at home, but as a small girl I remember nearly sending her nuts, when I would try to type as fast as she could, and the typewriter ribbon would end up wound around the keys!!!!! Oh my goodness, it was so difficult to fix and the ribbon was quite expensive too.

My dear mother must have had the patience of a saint.

This has been fun to make, using Dictionary as the background, stamped in a patchy fashion using Smokey Slate. I used the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch as a guide. Over that went the typewriter in Momento ink, and I coloured with Bermuda Bay and an Aquapainter. It's surprising how often I pull the Aquapainter out, when I only want a hint of colour. The colours were suggested by Color Throwdown,  they're a striking combination, but it closes Monday so get a wriggle on.


 The little 'Note' banner is in the Tap, Tap, Tap stamp set too, as is the Tap tap words and you ought to see the double line of letters! Love this set!! There are some cute sentiments in a typewriter font included, but not a 'happy birthday' so I've searched my shelves and decided to use Remembering Your Birthday. This set has a number of two-part sentiments, and I've used just the HB of  "A birthday wish that's just for you...." "friends and fun and presents too!  Happy Birthday!"

Now, I wonder whether the office manager at work would like this for her birthday?
Cheers,
Rachel




I don't know if you know this, but if you live anywhere in Australia, you can purchase all your Stampin' Up! products through my online store, and any of the pictures will lead you there. It will be shipped to you by Australia Post, usually within 24 hours of receiving your order, so you can get inky too.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Cute design, great collage-y look! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love how you stamped the "tap" sentiment over the dictionary text background and added just a hint of color to the vintage typewriter image. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on the sketch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel