Monday 25 August 2014

Celebrate Spring

In my last post I made a passing reference to spring's arrival , but to continue this tale, my husband and I drove out of the city last weekend. We have a holiday cottage about 2 hours drive out of town. Friday night  it was too dark to see anything, but Sunday afternoon coming home was lovely. The fields are so green and lush, and the first of the lambs are with their mothers. They look so tiny, white and cuddly. One Mamma even had the cutest little twins, such a sweet scene. We had enjoyed some sunshine and fresh air while we were away, and then a lovely fire to keep us warm at night. Everything seems so much better with some sunshine, don't you think? Hey, I hope you realise I live downunder, in Australia, and our seasons are totally opposite to the Northern Hemisphere!

I've picked a huge bunch of white (Erlicheer) daffodils and brought them home to enjoy too, they were growing everywhere, even spilling onto the lawn. At least they can remind me that Spring is on its way even though the rain has returned.
On the subject of Spring, do these colours at Colour Q challenge make you think 'spring flowers'? They do me, so I pulled out my brand-spankin'-new Wondrous Wreath, thinking a floral wreath would be perfect. There are some gorgeous cards to see at Colour Q, be sure to take a look.

The Hardwood panel was cut into four pieces, but it hardly shows unfortunately. The wreath is stamped in two parts, and since this stamp is photopolymer, its quite straightforward to line the images up. There is a third stamp with clusters of berries too. Then there are the matching Wonderful Wreath Framelit Dies to cut it all out, and even better, if you decide to buy them at the same time, you'll get a 15% discount on the bundle.


The cute bow comes with this set too, in both stamp and die and I stamped in Wisteria Wonder and die cut, and another die cut from Rich Razzleberry as a shadow. The flowers were easy too. There are flowers in Pictogram Punches and also in Something To Say, which can be punched out with the flower punch in Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I wish I could lay my hands on a stamp which says 'Spring' to add to 'Celebrate'. Surely I have one among my huge stash of stamps. I'm very glad that Stampin' Up decided this year to list stamp sets with words in an extra section of the index, it makes it so much easier when you're looking for a particular sentiment. Celebrate comes from Sketched Birthday, with Bitty Banners Framelit Dies to cut it out cleanly.
I thought the sketch at CASE This Sketch was pretty neat, so I used it for a second time. The gallery there is filling up with inspiring cards too.
Hope you have a great week, and get to do some stamping. I'm looking forward to a fun few days at work and then a class at home this Thursday evening,
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. How pretty! You have used the soft colours so well! Thank you for joining us at Case this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card to celebrate the arrival of spring where you are is the sweetest thing ever, Rachel! I wish I had a door with a wreath just like that!! I also enjoyed your recounting of your charming weekend away!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so pretty! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty - I love how it's got a kind of muster feel to it! Thanks of replaying along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel