Monday 18 August 2014

Baby Boy For Mindy, Congratulations!

I was thrilled to hear that Mindy Backes has had a darling wee boy, and the rest of the crew have hi-jacked the Fab Friday Blog to make baby cards. What a great idea! Love sweet new babies, so glad we have a little one in our lives too.

The main feature is Pool Party card cut with the Hexagon Hive Framelit. There is a lovely houndstooth DSP showing through the cut out hexagons. Some of theleft-over hexagons have been embossed with hearts from the retired Adorning Accents Embossing Edgelits and adhered.
The sentiment is very simply 'Sweet Baby" from Baby We've Grown stamp set and the oval is tied to the Hexagon Hive piece with Baker's Twine from the Sale-a-bration promotion last March.

The card also 'fits' the SUO Challenge,Make It Geometrical, although I doubt it's as good as the design teams efforts. I did try, next time I'll try even harder!

Have a great week!

Rachel












5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so cute-love the use of the Hexagon Hive Thinlit for a baby card!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card. I love this stamp set. Makes me wish my kids were still little :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Mindy had her little boy! I've been making lots of baby cards for my DIL's showers lately, too! I love the use of the honeycomb folder done in blue! Too sweet! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Geometrical Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is the cat's pajamas, I LOVE it!!! Such a cute baby boy twist on the whole geometric shape thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The houndstooth makes a great background to your baby card! And the little mini embossed hearts are too cute...I wouldn't have thought to use the Edgelit! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel