Saturday 22 February 2014

Lacy and Lovely FMS #124

I'm in the middle of one of my busiest family times at the moment - I have 4 family birthdays over the four weekends. Three are grandchildren, one is my eldest son and three of those birthdays also involve driving out of town for an hour and three-quarters. All very tricky, fitting in the shopping for presents, card making etc. has meant I've been MIA from my blog for more than a week.
I'm about to remedy that with a card for Freshly Made Sketches challenge. It's Karren's first sketch and its a beauty - I know there'll be a lot of entries!

Because I'm supposed to be getting ready for one of those trips out of town this morning, I haven't set up my light box for the photo, so I do hope this isn't too dark. I stamped a panel with Lacy and Lovely stamp set, which I don't actually own (but my lovely upline, Sue Madex does) and she recently held a little gathering for her team where we played with her stamps. I hadn't made anything with this, and I saw Karren's sketch and knew it would be a good fit.


I also used the Decorative Dots Embossing folder from SALE-A-BRATION, and some of the thick coloured twine which is another SALE-A-BRATION freebie. I used the Colour Coach to select this combination of Smokey Slate, Elegant Eggplant and Summer Starfruit. I didn't stamp any of the three lovely greeting stamps that come with Lacy and Lovely, so I pulled out the tried and true Itty Bitty Banners and used the matching dies to quickly cut the banner.


Lacy & Lovely Stamp Set page 117

I'm getting a hurry along, must fly
Rachel







3 comments:

  1. Lacy and Lovely worked perfectly for our FMS sketch this week! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use this set! I hope all of the birthday celebrations have been a blast. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty! What lovely colors too. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel