Friday, 9 August 2013

'Specially Momentous Birthday



Earlier this year, one of the team had a special birthday. You know, one of those that ends in zero?

Now I am far too polite to ask how old a lady is, so I decided not to make a big deal out of the number, and just concentrated on making a suitably "pretty" card for her special day. 

 I seem to go straight to Blooming With Kindness such a lot, just love that gorgeous bloom! I slipped in a leaf from French Foliage (retired) and the greeting is from the (retired) hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes.


To give it a youthful feel, I used the Thumping Technique. Not as drastic as it sounds actually, you quite simply ink up the stamp with the lightest shade, and select a couple of Stampin' Write Markers in shades that either tone, or contrast like this one. Then you thump them onto the image and it gives a lovely mottled effect.

I've made the main card from Naturals white card, and then backed it with a piece of slightly larger Melon Mambo card. All the corners have been rounded off with my corner punch and a piece of Wild Wasabi ribbon tied under the label with the greeting.

Cheers for now,

Rachel


Item#126422 $31.95 AU (clear)
 Remember you can order in my Online Store 24/7




No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to receive your positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel