Sunday 4 August 2013

Australian Rules Football Congratulations Rosette

Recently I was asked to make a special card for a gentleman who has been involved in Australian Rules Football for a very long time. In fact, he has played or umpired one thousand games! That is quite some achievement, so obviously it needed to be marked appropriately.
My instructions were few; 1000 games, congratulations and maybe the colours of the Melbourne Football club (deep red and navy) so after a little thought I decided to use the Blue Ribbon stamp set along with Memorable Moments and a small alphabet set that has retired.


Midnight Muse was the Blue I used, both card and ink. The scalloped circle and ribbon were hand cut to remain in the one piece. The centre of the scalloped circle has been stamped with another of the stamps from Blue Ribbon, in Sky Blue, and there is also a congratulations stamp to fill in the ribbon part of the main stamp.

I had stamped the background of Crumb Cake with stamps from Gorgeous Grunge using Cherry Cobbler and Midnight Muse and then it was just a matter of assembling it all.

My biggest challenge was using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get all those zeros in a nice line, it did take three shots before it worked out! The red I used was Cherry Cobbler,again for both card and ink.
I decided to have a go at pleating some card using the Simply Scored and it was quite easy. I needed to cut two strips and after scoring and folding, join them so there were no ends. The middle was squeezed into a tight circle and held with some hot glue and everything just fell into place. I think it makes a  real statement!

I'm glad you have dropped in to read my blog
Happy Stamping
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Great one of a kind card for a momentous milestone. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel