Friday 23 August 2013

Playing with colour

 Some time ago I made a card, Birthday Banners.
At the time I had a lot of trouble with it because I had started out with a different colour scheme - namely Summer Saffron and Gumball Green.

You see, I was cleaning up and I discovered the little blossom and leaves from Betsy's Blossoms.(See here?) I thought it would look very sweet attached to a banner.

I was making this card to fit with a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and in the end I decided it didn't look clean enough for that challenge and so I made the Primrose Petals and Basic Grey version. There's a bit of a story about that one too!!!! Maybe I'll let you have that story next post.

 I also stamped the large bloom from Betsy's Blossoms on the greeting panel and stamped the greeting from a 2013 Sale-a-bration stamp set, Vintage Verses. You know, the Sale-a-bration sets are only available for a VERY short time, usually Mid-January through to March, but they are well worth keeping an eye out for.


I cut a variety of banners using the Hearts-a-Flutter Framelits out of DSP in my chosen colours and added buttons and pearls here and there.

I'm quite happy with the way this turned out, do you like it?
We have enjoyed tripping around Ireland over the last few weeks, and tomorrow we fly to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Keep on stamping
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel