Wednesday 17 July 2013

You Made My Day


I'm having such a lot of fun with the new catalogue goodies, but my most favourite item has to be the new Big Shot Magnetic Platform. In the past, I was a little bit reluctant to use the Adorning Accents Edgelits because they always ended up crooked and it took so many pieces of card to get the result I was after. There are magnets inside the platform to hold your edgelits and framelits in place and it REALLY works!
I've been making good use of it this weekend, you'll see I used it twice to cut the Crumb Cake and Bermuda Bay card with the Adorning Accents Edgelit and I also used it to cut the Apothecary Accent Label.
The stamp set is an older one, still current though and a VERY useful one, for the tree image and this graceful floral bough. Its called Thoughts and Prayers, so it also includes some lovely greetings for bereavement and ill health. I've punched the flower pot using the Cupcake Builder Punch out of Venetian Romance DSP (so is the label at the top of the card). The colours in these papers are Crisp Canteloupe, Island Indigo, Pistachio Pudding, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango and Very Vanilla.
I added some Itty Bitty flowers in Strawberry Slush and Crisp Canteloupe punched with one of the Itty Bitty Shapes Punches with pearl centres. There is a piece of the Bermuda Bay 1/8" taffeta Ribbon and a small button from the new Brights Button range, with a pearl on top too.

The sweet greeting is from a fantastic Hostess set Express Yourself. It contains 12 greetings in this script and you can earn this and other benefits if you hold a party in your home with sales over $300. Or you can party on your own and by submit an online order totalling $300, before shipping costs are added and you will receive an additional $50 worth of products of your choice, which might include Express Yourself.

Last Sunday I had some much appreciated help from my friend, Alison Douglas, (check out Alisons blog here) to learn a bit more about the Stampin' Up! MDS (My Digital Studio) and I thought I'd send here a card to say thanks. Inside I've used the greeting, you made my day, which comes from a new stamp set A Dozen Thoughts.

Catch you soon
Rachel

Thoughts and Prayers- $35.95(clear)



Express Yourself - Hostess
Magnetic Platform
Page 184 $69.95 (Australia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel