Friday, 7 June 2013

Birthday Banners



It seems to have taken me ages to make this little birthday card today. It shouldn't have taken so long but I was really having a big play with colour, so there are a lot of partly made samples on my work table!!!

I wanted to use the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, and I probably should have used a different focal stamp, because the orientation is all wrong and it doesn't allow the banners to shine.
I've used a sale-a-bration stamp Vintage Verses, and some flowers from Betsy's Blossoms. The banners were cut  mainly using the Hearts A Flutter framelits and mostly DSP from More Amore.

The colours that ended up on this card were Basic Grey and Primrose Petals, a far cry from the Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green I began with!!!
I usually go for a swim on Thursday morning at my local, indoor heated pool, but I have a cold and decided to give it a miss today. I was also waiting on my box of goodies from Stampin' Up!, but it hasn't come. Boo hoo! It shipped on Saturday, and I thought it should have been here by Thursday, and if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, it won't be here till Tuesday. Its good that we are having a long weekend, but sad that my new toys haven't come yet!
At least I will have a big rest this weekend
Hope you have time to do something you enjoy too,
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. It may have taken you a while to get there, but you ended up with a pretty card. I love the different strips of dsp for the flags. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy Rachel, the end result is lovely! My new goodies didn't arrive either - I would've really loved them for the long weekend - oh well, next weekend we'll be showcasing off our new products! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card and your colors are wonderful! I find it hard to create when I'm waiting on "the box" and you did a great job!! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

It is lovely to receive your positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel