Friday 31 May 2013

Bouncing Bloom FMS88 & CCMC254

Have you ever tried bouncing Stampin' Write Markers onto an image to give splashes of colour?

It is such a fun technique and I have done it before with Blooming with Kindness, in shades of pink, but I don't think I blogged about that one. It was for an upline's Big O birthday a few months ago.

I thought it might be a good technique to try with the challenge colours at Create with Connie and Mary, but of course the Pool Party and Island Indigo did turn slightly green mixed with the So Saffron, which was my base colour.

I actually like it, I hope you do too!

It's the Finishing touches edgelit on the left side, so pretty and lacy and a So Saffron button with Linen Thread on the right. The panel has been mounted on Island Indigo card for some definition, and popped up on dimensionals.

 The sketch is from Jen Mitchell at  Freshly Made Sketches , and because I know they prefer fresh, clean cards I've aimed for that effect.

The greeting is from One In A Million and the front reads 'You mean SO much to SO many people." and inside it reads, "(One of them is me)". It was already out on my work table because my son came over yesterday to make a birthday card for his wife, and he used both stamps on the inside, with a Happy Birthday on the outside.


2013 Thursday Challenges-017

It has been such a busy day for me today with the Stampin' Up! retirement list to get out to my customers and my own order for items from the NEW catalogue to compile and send off. If you would like your own copy of the catalogue, I can arrange for a copy to be sent to you for $9.95 (Australia only). If you have ordered from me in the past year, I will be happy to supply a complementary copy.

Have a great weekend,
Rachel


9 comments:

  1. I really like the two-toned look of the flower! So pretty! Thanks for joining us in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This technique is so pretty with this image! I do love how it turned out! Great layout, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it looks to me like that technique is absolutely perfect for that floral image! It gives the flower wonderful depth! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I showed this technique in my techniques class recently and it was a lot of fun. Great way to use the colors on your flower! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this techqnique Rachel, but I love the effect! Your flower is beautiful in these two colours - I agree with Jen, it gives such depth to the flower. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this technique on the blossom for the depth and shading that it gives! Pretty use of the Edgelit too! Thanks for joining us this week for the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!! This flower was perfect for the marker technique you used...great job! So glad you joined us for the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your flower is sooooo pretty! I love doing 'thumping' on this stamp. It gives it so much depth! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, I use that thumping technique, too! Love your card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel