Wednesday 6 March 2013

Colour, Sketches, inspiration......


Too late to enter my card for these challenges, but I thought I might just put it up here, regardless, since  it was the last sketch from Tui at Freshly Made Sketches which helped start the creative process, and the colour challenge at Colour Throwdown  pushed me just that little bit further! Aren't those colours delicious? You can still click on those links to see the other submissions that did get linked to the sites, and the very deserving winners!




I had a couple of birthday cards to make for girls at work this week, one birthday is on Friday and another Saturday. Fortunately, I had made one a while back, and blogged it (and it was a Sunday Stamps Top Pick too!!!) so I set to work to make this one as special as possible too.

Just Believe was my chosen stamp set, and I stamped the main image with versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I then rubbed the image with Crumb Cake ink on a dauber to create a bit of shadow, added in the Boho Blossom Punch flowers and some pearl basic jewel centres, a piece of Victoria crochet trim lace over a strip of Melon Mambo trimmed with the scallop trim border punch.

I know the recipient was thrilled! Happy birthday G,

Happy stamping,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel