Wednesday 1 August 2012

Time to Say Goodbye



Hi everyone

Prepare yourself, as I have really rambled on in this post!

Now is the time that Stampin' Up release the lists of soon to be retired stamps, colours and accessories and I have noticed many favourites on the list. If you have been thinking of getting that certain stamp set "when I have the money" or "when I need to make a lot of birthday cards" now might be the time to check the retiring list here. There are discounts to be had on some stamp sets, lots of the Designer Series Paper (it all changes for the next catalogue on September 1st), ribbon and stamp pads. You should be able to click on the Going, Going, Gone heading in blue to connect to the page or there is a gadget on the sidebar to your right with  "Retired List" which should also take you to the page with 2 PDF files.
Otherwise  ring or email me and I'll try to locate details for you.

Often items sell out in a matter of days after the list is released, so if there is something you MUST have, let me know as soon as possible.



Clearly For You



 Retiring In Colors

The colours being retired are amongst some of my favourites; Poppy Parade, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush and Peach Parfait. A mixed pack of 20 sheets (four sheets of each of the five colors) A4 size has been reduced to $8.37 (was $13.95) and I would expect it to sell out quickly. This little card (above) uses Pear Pizzazz with Blushing Bride (both retired) and the smallest amount of Rose Red. The stamps are from Clearly For You (Wood 123551, clear 121976), a lovely set with 12 stamps, some small, some medium-sized. I stamped onto Vanilla card, then punched images out with my 1" square punch before mounting onto pieces of Pear Pizzazz punched with the Postage Stamp Punch. This stamp set is on page 88 of your current catalog and has been reduced by 25% to $35.96 for wood and $29.21 for clear.


Lace Ribbon Border Punch & Butterfly Print Stamp Set, Butterfly Punch

I'm sad to say goodbye to the Lace Ribbon Border Punch (122362) too, you can do so many things with this punch. It has been reduced 40% to $23.37. I made this sweet card for my friend Lauretta's 50th birthday last March, and it was perfect for her, with a little bit of 'bling' on the flower centres and butterfly bodies.

Butterfly Prints (wood 117711, clear120738) page 66, has three different prints, the houndstooth, typed words, and a swirly floral, and it has a matching punch (reduced 25% to $25.46) to make the cutting out easier. All the punches are on pages 150 through to 154. In my opinion, SU punches are superb, good quality and there are so many inspiring ways to use them.


Fox and Friends




We wave goodbye to Fox and Friends too. It's such a good set for welcoming babies and for childrens birthdays, and even for the friend who has a "thing" for owls or turtles! Page 58 of the current catalog, (wood 119165, clear118565). I am still not finished with it, sadly, but if you too think this is a great set you really need to own, it is time to order it now. 



Under the Big Top


And another one that I've only just started using is Under the Big Top Page 33(wood 125032, clear122877) but I found out recently how good it is for watercolouring.



Baroque Motifs

And the last retired set I will tell you about this post is Baroque Motifs, a set very dear to me as my mother gave it to me, before she passed away 3 ½ years ago. It has a lovely large swirl which I think is perfect for wedding cards, I clear embossed it on my example below. "Cherish" and "Kind" are words included with this stamp set, there are 6 in the set, check it out on page 92 available only in wood ( 11640) and not reduced but still reasonably priced at $39.95.



Ink Pads
All the ink pads are listed because they are being reconfigured so after September 1st they'll be a firm foam ink pad instead of the felt covered ones we have now.  Same colours - with 5 new In Colors to replace the 5 retiring this month.  There are some good buys amongst that lot if you are wanting to build up your colour range as they have been reduced by at LEAST 25%, most of the In Color range is right down to $7.17, even colours like Pool Party, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral and Wisteria Wonder which remain current for another 12 months. Not only that, they are gorgeous, useable shades!   Another bargain in the ink pads I thought was the set of Classic Stampin' Pads in Neutrals. There are 8 colors in this set (no Whisper White or Very Vanilla) and you can have all these for $59.96, about $7.50 EACH!!
The cases are the same shape so they'll still fit in the caddy.


I know this has been a very long post, but I really wanted you to be aware of the savings to be had, so I hope you don't mind too much. Please get in touch if I can help in any way, you can pay for your order by credit card, bank direct deposit or cash. I will be ordering Sunday evening for anyone who wants to jump in quickly.

In the meantime, happy stamping,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel