Wednesday 10 July 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 11- Blackberry Bliss

Contributors to this blog hop are all members of Claire Daly's Art With Heart group. We love chatting & crafting together.


Blackberry Bliss is the star of our team blog hop this week. I have to confess that I rarely use it but I know other team members adore it, so I'm sure that you will see some beautiful cards shared this week.





My project began with the teapot and flowers from Country Flowers. The teapot has been coloured with Stampin' Blends after failing to create the look I wanted with Stampin' Markers. I had a class recently to share ways to use the markers for the three lovely ladies who joined my team last month. I quite enjoy using markers for smaller images such as the flowers.


The sketch below provided inspiration for a layout and allowed me to introduce some softer shades of pink and purple. There wasn't a need to strictly follow the sketch, I did cut 4 circles but felt that 3 were sufficent.


Recently I purchased the Metallic Effects trio and have become slightly obsessed! I used gold on this card to add dots, then left them overnight to dry properly.





Now we are off to see what the talented Kathryn Ruddick has shared this week.


 
If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.

Happy crafting,





8 comments:

  1. Your Metallic Effects embellishments look fabulous, Rachel, and I also love the layered circles on your card. Your beautifully blended teapot really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Rachel - I find Blackberry Bliss a very dark and challenging colour to use! I love the soft pinks and purples you've teamed it with, and the layout of your card. Those gold metallic dots are a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Rachel. Your colouring with Blends is gorgeous - love the tea pot and flowers. I agree, the 3 circles don’t need a fourth. Lovely colour combo, especially with the metallic effects. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Woollard11 July 2024 at 03:59

    Beautiful card Rachel, I love the layered circles and the Metallic Effects look lovely as your background

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa Gerrard11 July 2024 at 12:30

    Great interpretation of the card sketch Rachel and those enamel effects finish off your card nicely

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous colours to go with Blackberry Bliss in the colouring of your flowers and pot. I love the Metallic Enamel Effects and the way you have applied it to your card, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you have paired blackberry bliss with muted pinks/purples.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so love the pink/purple shades of the die cut circles on your card Rachel. The gold Metsllic Effects adds elegance.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel