Wednesday 1 November 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 27 - Granny Apple Green


Contributors to this blog hop are all members of Claire Daly's Art With Heart group. We love chatting, crafting and getting together in person. 




Granny Apple Green is as crisp & fresh as it's name suggests. A perfect opportunity to colour some cacti in Granny Apple Green and create a card using Taco Fiesta.


Taco Fiesta is such a fun, playful stamp set and although it has no dies, the images are quite easy to fussy cut. The fun fold card had lots of surfaces to decorate after adding the black & white papers (equally fun) from Zany Zoo DSP.


The blackboard from Crafting With You holds some more messages stamped in white craft ink for the chalkie look.


Sometimes when I'm making cards for family I may get a little carried away and try to create "one with the lot". This just might have been one of those times!!!!!


Card 2: Easel Card

I couldn't help myself and kept playing with the same materials combining different ideas I couldn't fit on the first card. I love the row of cacti 'people'.


It was a lot of fun trying out different faces. It's been a pleasure adding these bright colours to the B & W and doesn't Granny Apple Green go so beautifully with Azure Afternoon?


Now it's time to leave my fiesta, thank you for passing and partying with me! Next on the blog hop this time is the wonderful Rosa Leyden.





If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.



 

5 comments:

  1. Rachel, it's been a pleasure looking at both this gorgeous cards! I totally agree with you that Granny Apple Green goes beautifully with Azure Afternoon. I'm sure your 12 year old family recipient will love their card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Tyler will have just as much fun looking at his birthday card, as you had making it, Rachel! The bright colours look fantastic against the black and white papers, and I love all the details you included on his card. The second card is also heaps of fun. Granny Apple Green is perfect for the little cacti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my these cards are just adorable Rachel! It’s reminded me to pull out the stamp set and have a play. I LOVE the ‘one with the lot’ and the different panels, layers and messages. And yes love Azure Afternoon paired with GAG. Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Rachel. I love Tyler’s card - whether you went to town or not, he will be delighted - it’s wonderful. The second card is fabulous as well. Great colour combo too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic cards, Rachel, they are so fun and festive. I love that you personalised it for Tyler and the 'one with the lot', I mean, how could you not add all those items! Granny Apple Green is the perfect colour for the cacti, love it!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel