Wednesday 15 November 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Highland Heather - Week 29


Contributors to this blog hop are all members of Claire Daly's Art With Heart group. We love chatting, crafting and getting together in person.






I've always liked mauve and aqua together which sparked the idea to make a pretty 'fluffy' sky behind the Fluffiest Friends. I made a cardboard stencil using the Basic Border dies and began layering on colour.


Because the cupcake bunny and balloon hamster were die cut, I didn't need to worry about masking where they were to be positioned.


Some strings were drawn for the die cut balloons, and you can actually see the glint of Wink of Stella too.


Fluffiest Friends comes without sentiments, so I used those from another new online exclusive stamp set, Garden Meadow


It's hard to imagine a cat & bird being friends, but in an ideal world all creatures would be friends.

I'm looking forward to seeing Christine Blain's Highland Heather creation.
If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.




5 comments:

  1. Very cute cards Rachel, I especially love the blended colours for the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a couple of very sweet cards there, Rachel. I love the multicoloured cloudy skies and the little fluffiest friends with their balloons, cupcake and the flowerpot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Rachel, those colourful cloud backgrounds are dreamy! Love, love, love them! I also love both cards' sentiment panels - the Highland Heather flagged label on the first one really stands out against the clouds, and I love how you offset the sentiment label on the second card. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are both adorable, Rachel! I love your mauve and aqua blended 'fluffy' sky, it really looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute Rachel. I adore your fluffy friends’ scenes. Like you I love purple & aqua combinations. Your blended background skies are gorgeous, and the balloons give a special touch. Your cat and bird friends is delightful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel