Sunday 26 March 2023

CTC #412 CASE a Sketch






CASE-ing The Catty Crew are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from Australia & New Zealand who take inspiration weekly from the catalogues. The catalogues are a fantastic resource, and we love to inspire you to seek inspiration there too.



I'm a big fan of sketches as a starting point for card design and this one came together so easily for me.


By the Bay SDSP had been on my desk as I put together a number of beach-themed projects and it set me thinking about family birthdays. My husband enjoys fishing, probably for the quiet time as much as anything and so this card idea developed.


After pairing a couple of the beautiful papers, I moved on to the rest of the sketch and took a little artistic license.
Rugged Icons is a set of stand-alone dies which include a guitar, mountain scene, beard and a power drill. I've found them very handy when making cards for my tribe of fellas!


The crab is part of the Seaside Bay bundle, and as such has a die to cut it out if you choose. I finished the inside of the card by simply stamping in Crumb Cake.


We love for you to share your projects using the challenges. We do request that the projects you submit have been created especially for this challenge. You can CASE directly or be inspired by a sketch/layout, colour combo or embellishment. Ask to join our Facebook group, and then add a picture of your CASE letting us know which card or project you've CASE-d.


The very talented Monique Fielder is sharing a sunflower card next on this blog hop.



 

SHOP
Your orders are very much appreciated, no matter how small or big, every little bit helps me to meet my minimums, and keep on creating. Hopefully you are inspired by some of the projects I share and want to make your own. My online shop is open anytime and delivery by tracked Australia Post takes 5-10 days.



C6PPNYWW

2 comments:

  1. So love your interpretation of the sketch Rachel. Your combination of products is inspired - love it. An amazing card for a fisher. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I love the reel! Perfect take on this sketch! Julia.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel