Saturday 1 October 2022

WCMD Kathryn's Blog Hop



To celebrate World Card Making Day, I am participating in Kathryn's Blog Hop of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from all round the world to share a card that I have made recently. We have been challenged to post it within a week to someone special, and I have chosen one of my favourite sons (they're ALL my favourites - LOL). This is the blog of Rachel Palmieri, and I live in Victoria, Australia.


The end of September, beginning of October was always a crazy busy time when my boys were young. Not only school holidays but one son with a birthday on September 28, my darling mum 3 days later on October 1st, then another son on October 6th! So much cake over those few days.


Texture Chic Memories and More cards & envelopes are handy when you are in a rush. The envelope is already decorated, the front of the card has some colour, so all I did was cut a couple of pieces of the gorgeous Texture Chic specialty designer series paper in different sizes, layer them and glue straight to the card.


The fishing rod is from Rugged Icons dies and it could be quite fiddly to add, unless you do as I did and use adhesive sheet on the back of the black card. That meant I was able to add the little pieces back into the handle fairly easily too.


I hope you enjoyed WCMD, and had lots of crafty fun today. Next demo on the hop is the terrific and talented Tina, in South Australia.





















 

7 comments:

  1. Your "favourite" son will enjoy receiving this card, I like the DSP that you have used It makes the fishing rod just pop. Thanks for joining the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, there's those dies again!! Your card is fantastic. I love that you've positioned the fish on a pink part of the DSP, so it looks like it was a separate layer on the card. That was deliberate, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Rachel - perfect blend of elements - AND I love how you have staged the photo too!
    Kathryn R xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great masculine card Rachel. Love your layering topping it off with the fishing rod. The simplicity is beautiful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! A masculine card with this stunning osier is so clever. Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Rachel. I don't think I have seen that die, I need to get it so I can make my Dad a card like this, he would love it. The texture chic Memories and more cards are perfect backdrop for your card. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using the memories and more card kits is a fantastic way to start a card, and I appreciate that tip, and about using the adhesive sheets for the fishing pole, which is indeed a finicky die cut. What a great masculine card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel