Wednesday 19 October 2022

Colour Creations - Week #25 - Gray Granite




The participants in AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop are all Stampin' Up! demonstrators and members of Art With Heart. We love to Blog Hop sharing all the Stampin' Up! Colours. This week we are sharing Gray Granite a wonderful part of the neutrals range.


Gray Granite is a useful colour, perfect for building materials. I selected 2 different finishes on these cards, one stamped and the other texture embossed. The card with a girl has a stamped finish - Stacked Stone inked in Gray Granite (page 116, AC). It is a single large background stamp, so easy to cover a piece of card. The card with a boy is simply Gray Granite card embossed with a folder - Brick & Mortar (page 176. AC) with some white craft ink smeared on it to add some more interest. The card with a girl has a stamped finish - Stacked Stone inked in Gray Granite (page 116, AC). It is a single large background stamp, so easy to cover a piece of card.


The main stamp & die bundle used is Warm Welcome. It will be in the next mini catalogue, the January to June catalogue, but it has been introduced early. You are able to go to my online shop to order it yourself. Emma Goddard, a demonstrator from the UK initially inspired me by using the presents in the doorway, but I thought it would be fun to add the small characters from By My Side.


Balmy Blue and Fresh Freesia are the main colours used for colouring the stamped pieces, to tone with the Hues of Happiness DSP.


This style of easel card is very easy, and I often use it to display a new stamp. A Grand Kid has some sentiments just for the grandkids, and 'it's your day' is from Warm Welcome.



This one is for Tyler, who is about to turn 11. I am a bit worried that this is a bit childish for him, except he loves cartoons and does great drawings, so hopefully this is a bit on his wavelength.


I absolutely loved the way the Tahitian Tide and Parakeet Party blends combined when colouring the gifts.




Guess where the 'Be Awesome' sentiment came from? I happened to notice 'And Be Awesome' in Nothing's Better Than, did a little masking and it suits a young chap's card.


Just so Tyler doesn't take it personally, I've signed off (as I often do) with caricatures of Pop and me! It's a retired stamp set called Senior Years which I kept in my stash for just this purpose.




I'm looking forward to seeing what Kathryn Ruddick has made in Gray Granite this week.



If at any time you find a broken link, please head to the blog of this week’s host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Cathy Proctor, and she will have the list of all participants.




5 comments:

  1. Such great cards for your grandkids, Rachel! I love the colours you've teamed with Gray Granite, and am totally in love with the Brick & Mortar embossed panel, with white ink adding to the texture. Lots of great details to look at, on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, this is such a perfect pairing of stamp sets! I love the little boy and the little girl opening the door to see the presents. Soooo Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so much fun!! I love that you've added the kids to the scene - it evokes memories of friends arriving for birthday parties when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two amazing cards Rachel. I love your use of the little children in the doorways - they work perfectly. The different brickwork, different style of card and colour schemes have created 2 unique cards for your grand children. I am sure Tyler will love his card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great cards for your grandkids, Rachel. those characters in the doorway, opening up to a pile of presents, is a super cool idea. Oh, and I love your stamping of Pop & Gran is a gorgeous touch!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel