Saturday 20 August 2022

Soft & Subtle Birthday

Being away from paper crafting for the best part of a fortnight has really had me itching to create. After watching a tutorial by Cindy Schuster on Crafty Carrot Co(and creating along with it) yesterday, I was inspired to use a sketch and tear some more paper.

I wasn't too worried about the dimensions or number of strips, I knew I wanted to include all my favourite subtle colours, so I just crafted, and added in the Balmy Blue to fit the space left over.

The catalogue is always a great source of ideas if you can't think where to begin.



You can probably see that I really haven't deviated very far from the original sample, and yet, there are enough differences to make it my own work. 



 Here I have shared a picture of the tutorial card which started the whole paper tearing exercise. Again, there are many similarities to this card, ( torn paper feature, a die cut focal point, a round label over ribbon/twine) and yet it is completely different.




No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel