Wednesday 19 August 2020

Week 12 AWH Colour Creations Showcase - Crumb Cake


This week team members from Art With Heart are sharing creations featuring Crumb Cake, a wonderful neutral which should be in everyone's craft supplies, since it is the most versatile neutral of them all.



This week I have teamed it mainly with Cajun Craze, which featured a few weeks back. Timeless Tropical is my stamp of choice this time, and I think my card is gender-neutral. There's a touch of Cinnamon Cider and of course the Old Olive and Early Espresso, all in quite small quantities.


There is a set of Tropics dies to cut out the images from Timeless Tropical, and they do make the job a little easier. Of course, you may know that we will have the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine available to order on September 1st. 



I have mine already (demos get them a month early) and its proving to be a lovely crafting companion. The fact it folds up into such a compact size makes it perfect for my quite-small desk, especially while I use the class table as a sewing centre! No, I'm not making masks, but quilts.



I like the way the extra touches like texture embossing, a wooden leaf and a few enamel dots lift a card above the ordinary.
Catherine Proctor leads us each week for the Colour Creations Showcase, so pop over to get the next participant's link.








Product List

12 comments:

  1. I agree Rachel. I love all your little extra touches and they do add so much texture and dimension to your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crumb Cake sits beautifully with all those other earthy tones, Rachel. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful gender neutral card Rachel - I love all the muted different browns together, it gives such a warm feeling. Thank you for inspiring us all with your crumb cake creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re right Rachel, the different textures and materials really do lift a card to the next level. You’ve put this together very thoughtfully and its a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour palette, Rachel. Lots of texture too, and love those enamel dots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Rachel. Love you colour combination and all the elements that add texture and make it extra special. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great 'neutrals' card, Rachel and the Old World Paper adds nice texture to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your simple, elegant and neutral card - really stunning colours and so evocative of the Wild West!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love your tropical card, Rachel, the embossed crumb cake reminds me of the sand and those palm trees, overlooking Waikiki. Oh how I wish I was back there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, Rachel! I love how you've used the coordinates die - it's one Im really struggling with how to use!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Using the Old World Paper makes me think of water which then goes well with your palm tree. Great use of Crumb cake with those other colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. The old world embossing folder makes me think of sand with the palm trees on your card and tropical destination. I guess you have made me dream of a holiday with your card scene.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel