Wednesday 30 March 2016

Last Hurrah For Sale-A-Bration!!!


SALE-A-Bration finishes on March 31st for another year and as usual there were some fabulous stamp sets to choose from, as well as paper packs & vellum. I love the SALE-A-Bration offerings every year. I've been thinking about which was my favourite, and going by the cards I've made, I'm thinking it is Flowering Fields.

I enjoyed putting together this grunge card with three panels back in January when SALE-A-Bration was just starting out, and this pretty watercoloured offering was even earlier and has been pinned many times on Pinterest.




Most recently, I made a set of notecards to give to an old friend of my mother's.
Again, these have been watercoloured, using ink and a combination of blender pen and Aquapainters to colour the images. The outside border is matched to a shade used on the bloom, and I stamped and coloured the envelopes to match. I have left them free of a sentiment, as I hope June will use them quickly and not hoard them for a 'special occasion'. June upcycles the magazines she receives from the boarding school that she, my mother and I all attended, which must be an effort for her, now she is 90. She truly deserves some 'happy mail'.

At the same time, I stamped this notebook which Stampin' Up!® used to sell. I wanted to keep a record of the classes I hold, who attends, and what products we used.
Four flowers were stamped and coloured straight onto the Kraft cover. A strip of Wildfower Fields Designer Series Paper was added to the base, after using the corner rounding punch from the Envelope Punch Board to round two corners. A length of ribbon finishes the notebook, along with a gold button and linen thread. The Little Letter thinlets were used to cut the title. You can get two of these notebooks for $3.58 here in the Clearance Rack.

Australian readers only.
This week, the Weekly Deals are a worthwhile place to begin your shopping, if you've been meaning to make an order and get yourself some SALE-A-Bration freebies.
If you leave a comment telling me which is your favourite SALE-A-Bration item and why, you will be in the running to win a free SALE-A-Bration stamp set *no purchase required to qualify*!!!!





Cheers, Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel