Saturday 30 August 2014

Life's Adventurous Bicycle

Often when I see sketches with multiple layers, I'm reluctant to try them. When I do though, I'm often so pleased with the result it makes me wonder why I hesitate. This ended up being such fun to put together, love the colours in these patterned papers.
Stampin' Up!® make it so easy for us with all these lovely papers that coordinate without any thought and I chose a couple from the All Abloom DSP Stack for this. The colours are listed on the cover, so it is easy to pick out the ink, card  or ribbon to match everything up.




There is a guest designer at Freshly Made Sketches this week, thanks Kim for the challenging (and FUN!) sketch.
I used another stamp from the Hostess stamp set Life's Adventure, and  THAT blossom from Petite Petals. I really do need to use some of the other flowers from Petite Petals or they'll feel neglected, but you know how it is when you get a favourite?

I just happened to have a scrap of card from the Fringe Scissors class samples, and it fitted under the strip and matched the colour scheme, so it has been added in. You can even get a glimpse of how I finished off the inside of this card with a matching strip of DSP and some more Petite Petals flowers.



I hope you have something nice planned for the weekend,
Rachel








2 comments:

  1. Pretty card! The colors are wonderful and I love that bit of fringe cardstock peeking out! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this bike Rachel. I'm trying to talk my husband into buying a real one that kinda looks like this - a bit vintagey. The colours you've combined look fab together and the fringe is the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel