Wednesday 6 August 2014

Butterflies and Birthday Wishes

I haven't had much time or energy for crafting this week, but finally I have put together a card for three challenges.
Just Add Ink has provided the colour palette, CASE This Sketch, the sketch (obviously!) and Cas On Sunday, the subject, a butterfly. Frames are the order of the day at As You See It Challenge, but I linked without fully realising I hadn't met all the criteria and haven't managed to delete my link.


I haven't attempted a collage card before, and it has developed mainly because this card has been on my desk for three days, and each day something  new seems to get added. Most recently was the strip of gold sequins with a scattering of loose ones. It began with inking up a Lovely Lace Embossing Folder, which seemed to call for butterflies. I used the Kinda Eclectic stamp set for the butterflies, Something To Say for Happy Birthday. Each element was added bit by bit, and some were even removed!!!
 I'm fairly sure I saw something similar in last year's catalogue, but I haven't been able to find it as I've quickly flipped through the pages.


It has also been a challenge to photograph this card at night, I think the So Saffron seems to change with various light, so I might try again tomorrow.




Thanks for looking,

Rachel
JAI 225




7 comments:

  1. You have layered up a lovely eclectic mix of elements here Rachel. I love the partial stamping with the embossing folder too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, Rachel. I love the cluster of elements you've used; just right. The inked embossing folder provides lovely detail on the card base. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funky card! The inked embossing for the background stamping looks fabulous! Deb JAI

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little eclectic mix of elements at the bottom, Rachel. The On Film framelit die you chose was perfect to center everything! Thanks for playing along with us as As You See It Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty amazing. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! I like how you've inked your embossing folder to create the background - such a fun technique! Thanks for taking the As You See It Challenge! :) (don't worry about not meeting all the criteria - challenges are meant to be a jumping-off point for creativity!)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel