Monday 30 June 2014

Pretty Pink Birthday Wishes FMS192 & PP202

I wasn't planning to make a card today. I had this sketch at Freshly Made Sketches pinned to my blog for a number of days, but wasn't sure what I wanted to make. Then last night I noticed Sandy's Tic Tac Toe Challenge at the Paper Players, and I quickly decided the bottom row was exactly what I wanted.
So there are a couple of shades of pink:- Strawberry Slush and Blushing Bride.
There are pearls, because pearls are so refined and elegant!
And there is embossing: Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder.

That particular embossing folder gives great spots to pop a tiny flower, these are stamped before punching with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack flower. The flower stamp (and a star and heart that also have punches) are all included in a super new stamp set, Something To Say. It was one of the first things I added to my pre-order nearly a month ago, and I've been making pretty things with them ever since my parcel arrived. You can order too, in less than 24 hours! The Happy Birthday greeting is from a stamp set I've had for ages now, its very well-used. Itty Bitty Banners comes with matching Framelits, so you get a very precise cut around the greeting.
I'm going to save this card for a work colleagues birthday in a month or so.

Have a great day!
Rachel


I enjoy playing with card, stamps, ink, ribbon and other embellishments that make it onto cards. I get a real kick out of creating a card. Often it is for a challenge, but in the back of my mind are also the other family & friend events that I will need a card for, and so that might set the theme too. I'd love to share the fun with you too. If you think its something you might enjoy too, ask me how you can get a 20% discount on all the goodies in the Stampin' Up! catalogue. As long as you live in Australia, you can join through me. There's a "Join my Team" tab to the right of my blog, or you can ring 0417500681 or email me. for more information.


5 comments:

  1. Great card Rachel! Love all of those sweet flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty in pink! The flowers are perfect for a birthday hello! Thanks for joining us at FmS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, how cute is this?!! What a fun way to combine this floral image and that EF! CLEVER!! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! I love how you added the flowers to the middle of the embossed mosaics...very clever! Plus, the pearls are the perfect accents! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, Rachel! I love all of that pink! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel