Friday 13 June 2014

It's A Girl RS118

I have been having a bit of a craft room clean-up today, and in between, running out to the shopping centre to the bank, Medibank and all the places that aren't open outside office hours. I do get very easily distracted from the job at hand though, which is why the craft room is never totally organised or tidy!!!

I wanted a card for a baby girl, and decided this sketch at RetroSketches was just perfect. I have lots of little pieces of white card to stamp some little images, to cut one inch squares etc, so away I went. I've had to redo the pink duck this afternoon, as I wasn't a bit happy with the way the first one came out - all motley. The bootees side-by-side didn't fit into a one inch square, but leaving one stamped in the square and hand cutting the other to lay on top worked.
Today was the first time I'd used the banner framelit from the Label Card Framelit (133479) and I love it! It looks so much like a folded banner, but its just inking. Delicate Designs Embossing Folders (127023) added the touch of lace I was after, I'm so glad it made it into the new catalogue.

The new stamp set, Something For Baby, supplied the main images and the sweet saying comes from A Dozen Thoughts.

Something For Baby has framelits for most of its images, and I used a One Inch Square Punch and layered those white squares onto Blushing Bride squares punched with Postage Stamp Punch.

Now I'm looking forward to the weekend and an invasion tomorrow of children and grandchildren.... Hope yours is a happy one too!
Rachel





No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel