Saturday 3 May 2014

Peaceful Thoughts Of You FMS 134

I've decided that Bermuda Bay must be my all-time favourite colour! I do seem to use it such a lot, and I am always happy with the cards I make in that hue, more so than any other.

The rumour mill has been working overtime since some Stampin' Up! demonstrators in the US collected their new catalogues this week. There is a whisper about that Peaceful Petals didn't make the cut for the next catalogue, so if you love it as much as I do, you'll need to order before the end of the Occasions Catalogue (30 June for Australia). Now, I have to say, I was surprised, as it has some lovely floral images, just perfect for watercolouring, as I did, with this stem of small flowers. I used the Aqua painter and a small amount of ink squeezed onto the lid.
There's a hint of Bermuda Bay on the petals, Pistachio Pudding on the leaves and stem and then I used the thick end of a Stampin' Write Marker to place some Crushed Curry in the centres.

The patterned paper is gorgeous, Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper comes in Smokey Slate, Coastal Cabana and Crushed Curry and this was such a nice 'understated' pattern. Of course, all the DSP retires at the end of each catalogue, so that will be going too.

Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), the two floral shapes and one tiny circle are on the US retired list too. I can't imagine what we'll do without them. I trimmed the strip of Whisper White card that has been embossed with  Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder. At least that seems to be staying for another year.

What a nice 'clean' sketch Karren has provided for the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. I used the Circles Collection Framelits to cut the white circle and the large scalloped circle is from that set too. It stays too, Yay!

We're really settling into Autumn here now, and it has been raining and rather chilly as I write my blog. I was very glad I did all my shopping earlier when it was still fine. Looking forward to catching up with friends tonight.

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Rachel! Your watercoloring is beautiful and I love the way you did the embossed strip with the little flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card!! Pretty colors and i love the flowers!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel