Thursday 22 May 2014

Never too Happy - Melbourne Convention 2014

I'm so happy! I've headed into Melbourne for the annual Stampin' Up! South Pacific Convention.
Even though Melbourne is my home town and I could easily catch the train into the city each day, I look forward to staying in town for three nights. The  mornings get off to an early start and after the day is done, we get to eat out together. Everyone is very friendly and it is so nice to talk face to face with girls we've met in online team forums and so on. The days are filled learning about new products, how to use them, and generally having a lot of fun, with like-minded Stampin' Up!demonstrators. Who knows what delights await us, as the company loves to change things about to keep it fresh and exciting. They not only spoil us with an exclusive Convention Bag, but we also come away with lots of new products. Hopefully, I might even get my hands on a new catalogue.
If you would like to participate in all this fun next year, AND get 20% off all your hobby purchases, perhaps you might like to join my team? There's a link over to the right to take you there.

I thought I'd share this card I made a while back, using SALE-A-BRATION  Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper, and the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch to make the fancy closure. I coloured the stamp from Yippee-Skippee with Stampin' Write Markers so that it would have two shades of blue. It was fun to stamp the Petite Petals flowers down the side of the inside layer. On the banner, one flower is stamped, while two others have been stamped and punched out with the matching Petite Petals Punch. The Happy Birthday is from the retired Hostess stamp set Happiest Birthday Wishes and it seems to nearly match the script of the main greeting. I find it very hard to let go of my retired greeting stamps, but it is beginning to get quite hard to keep track of them all!!!
After I return home at the weekend, I expect to have more to share,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel