Wednesday 26 March 2014

You're My Hero Birthday

Do you find making cards for little boys challenging? I do too, possibly because there are so many small boys in my family, there's an awful lot of cards to make. I have to hold onto the retired stamp sets like Dinoroar for the dinosoar fans and I Dig You for the little guys that love all things construction. I am looking forward to the Annual Stampin' Up! catalogue on July 1st when we will see new stamps. My fingers are crossed for a different vehicle/digger stamp, but in the meantime I've used You're My Hero, which is also pretty cute.

It comes with the two greetings you see on the card, and one other, which just happens to be the same as the name of the stamp set! The three vehicles are a cute little police car, a fire engine and an ambulance. I've punched out portions of the images to use on this card. Those squares are mounted onto a coloured square a little bigger and then with Dimensionals, on to a much larger double-mounted square. Right in the middle is a square with the number 4, from my favourite and much-loved Memorable Moments stamp set.

I have just bought myself a new letters and numbers stamp set, mmmmm... that would be ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers on page 131 of the catalogue. There is an outline set as well, but I have chosen the filler part to try out first. So you just might see a different style of number appear on my 'age' birthday cards soon.

Happy stamping
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel