Monday 31 March 2014

Sending Good Thoughts DD#96 & RS#108

Even I didn't think I could follow a sketch as closely as this! Just found this sketch at Retro Sketches fitted exactly with an idea I had brewing, how fabulous! I still have quite a bit of the Print Poetry Designer Series Paper stack (129312) left to use, and since it is in the clearance rack at only $7.99, more than one of my customers have taken advantage of the special price and purchased it, so maybe they're looking for some fun ways to use some. I had already cut the patterned paper into strips and mounted it onto Gumball Green when I spied a color challenge that would work with my card. Dynamic Duos have challenged this week with Gumball Green and 'your choice': - my choice is Primrose Petals
I echoed the design on the paper with an embossing folder Beautifully Baroque, and after it was attached I put it through the Big Shot again and 'ironed'  the pattern flatter for a very subtle pattern. My centre piece is a banner stamped with a sentiment from Perfect Pennants, although the last two words are covered with the mother's day greeting from Teeny Tiny Sentiments. The Word Window Punch is ever so handy and a Gumball Green banner from Bitty Banners Framelits really sets it off. In Australia, Mother's Day is early May (I actually don't know if it is the first or second Sunday, maybe my children will set me straight!) I expect I will make a good few more Mother's Day cards before then as my work colleagues like to purchase for their mothers.



We are still having very warm weather for Autumn, (30°c) but it is cool in the mornings and evening, such a lovely time of year! I have had a busy day at work, but needed good light to photograph my card.
Have a good week...
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Such an elegant design! I love the interplay between the patterned paper and the embossed background (also your tip on "softening" the embossing). I also like your sentiment, stamped in several different shades/colours. Thanks for linking up with the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pairing with Gumball Green, Rachel. Neat sentiment layering, too. I like the mix of embossing and DSP as well. Great card to sure with the Dynamic Duos this week:)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel