Sunday 23 March 2014

Birthday Flowers

I had a lot of fun colouring this Wildflower Meadow stamp with my markers today. It gives a watercoloured effect in a way, very soft and subtle. I did a few images while I was on a roll, another is full-size, but this is only a half of the stamp approximately.The panel is mounted on a rectangle of Pistachio Pudding and then a small strip of Blushing Bride DSP was laid across the bottom of the picture. White Bakers twine was wound a couple of times around this panel before it was adhered to the Blushing Bride card base.
The Card Concept called for a birthday card, with this as the inspiration picture, so I have gone with the flowers, no cake this time, and clean layering.


To explain the "no cake" comment, if you saw my previous post, you might realise that I took the challenge rather literally using an image I had already stamped from Love & Laughter, which happens to be a wedding/engagement stamp set. When I was getting ready to link the post, I re-read the challenge. Oh whoops! It was meant to be birthday, and there's no way to turn a wedding cake into a birthday cake when it has "I do" and similar all over it!!  Not that I mind, making cards is just what I like to do for fun anyway.

Hope you're having some time for yourself this weekend...
Rachel




4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card!! Your dimensional flowers are just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty flowers, love the dimension. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, I love the soft colors and the flower popping out too. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rachel this is just so lovely! The colours you've used are pretty together! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel