Sunday 9 February 2014

So Grateful

Such a hot weekend, I've spent all my days indoors tidying and crafting. I must get my craft room tidied up because I have a class at the end of the month, and the ladies will need room to get crafty too.

I wonder if it's stretching it to say that Raspberry Ripple is a shade of pink? Possibly, but the rest of the card is definitely pink - Strawberry Slush. The challenge at The Card Concept is 'Monochromatic Pink' and I think this card fits the Clean and Layered category. The label is from the Chalk Talk stamp set, the flowers are the lovely poppies from Simply Sketched, a Hostess stamp set. Don't the dahlia (button) embellishments look bright in the photo?

You probably can't see that I stamped the poppy image two extra times and cut portions of the flower to layer. I can see this as a Mother's Day card, so long as Mum loves pink!



Back to work at my regular job tomorrow! At least it has cooled down slightly.
Thanks for visiting my blog

Rachel




4 comments:

  1. Rachel, this is so prettyt! I really like how you placed your image behind the die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could totally see the layers of poppy...one of my favorite parts of this card! Beautiful pink colors and is a very good example of the Clean and Layered style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raspberry Ripple is a shade of pink for sure--beautiful! Thank you so much for join us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the way you framed your poppies. And yes, Raspberry Ripple is definitely pink! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel