Sunday 19 January 2014

January 2014 Newsletter


I hope you have enjoyed time with family and friends over the holiday season and summer break. In Victoria, we have had the usual mix of weather, those temperatures race up and down like you wouldn't believe! Quite cold after Christmas and through the New Year and now that people are returning to work, we are sweltering! Actually  four consecutive days over 40 degrees (more than 100 degrees on the Farenheit scale!) I've had plenty of time for friends, family and some downtime for me too, so a very enjoyable summer. I do really enjoy the lack of structure in my life for a few weeks, but when we return to routine at the end of the month, it is also very welcome. One lovely advantage of being a demonstrator is being able to order new products a month before they go on sale to the public, and being on holiday has given me more time to play too. I made the Strawberry Slush cards using Starburst Sayings stamp and the matching Framelit. The DSP is called Kaleidoscope, the embossing folder is Arrows Textured embossing folder and that is your sneak peek at goodies from the Occasions Catalogue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 Classes
Basic Class - January & February
I am in the process of planning different classes for the coming six months. I think that I will hold three types of classes:

  •  Basic - for those new to stamping and cardmaking or just wanting an hour or so away from the chores (AND no mess to clear up!)
  • Build Your Stash - more complicated stamping or construction trying out a different stamp set each time. 
  1. February- Chalk Talk stamp set & Framelits 
  2. March - Cutting & Decorating Circle Framelit Card (see ambulance card below)
  • Projects and Techniques - some of the more involved (messier!) techniques and projects with several steps, 
  1. February - Water colour and stamp two cards
  2. March - Card -in-a-box
I'm still creating the class samples for the project/techniques class and may not be ready to commence very early in February.
I am able to hold classes anytime Thursday or Friday - morning, afternoon & evening and even more times during school holidays, but I'm reluctant to dictate the dates/times classes will occur, as it is difficult to predict when people are able to attend, and how many are interested in each type of class. There are some dates when I am definitely free under the CLASSES tab at the top of my blog. I am happy to conduct classes with a minimum of two people, maximum of six, so if you and a friend want to come, give me a call. I need about one week's notice to make sure I have the projects and materials prepared. If you are interested, email me or phone 0417 500 681. I hold classes at my South Morang home, about 4 km off the Greensborough ring road (Plenty Road exit is easiest, Hume Highway or Edgars Road get you here too, via Cooper Street and a few others!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whole Lot of Love
 Whole Lot Of Love
1 December-27 January
This is a promotion for Valentine's Day, but I can see possibilities for wedding and engagement cards.finishes on the 27th February so you might want to visit here for the online store.

I've had a play with Follow My Heart stamp set and some of the SALE-A-BRATION paper, Banner Blast stamp set and NEW Banner Punch.
I had my little sewing machine out so I've sewn the banners onto the card (not too straight though!!!) and the strips at the bottom were sewn together too. Those random spots in the Sweet Sorbet Design Series Paper remind me of the twinkling lights all over the Eiffel Tower, when it is lit up at night. Gorgeous!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SALE-A-BRATION
It is almost time for SALE-A-BRATION!

This has to be my favourite time of the Stampin' Up! calendar. It isn't just because customers and demonstrators earn free product while choosing lovely craft supplies, the stamp sets and papers are just so-o-o-o-o good, that I keep on using them even when its over. SALE-A-BRATION products never appear in the annual catalog, so you need to order up between January 28th- 31st March 2014 to qualify for these freebies.

Even better VALUE IN 2014 - this year for each $90 amount you spend, you get to choose one item from the SALE-A-BRATION brochure. There is something for everyone in here: stamp sets, paper, an embossing folder for the Big Shot, card kits and even packaging. If you spend $90-$179 you choose one item, $180-$269 two items and it can be from either the NEW Occasions Catalogue, the Annual Catalogue or a combination of both.

I love it all, but the very first items I put on my order were the Banner Blast stamp set and the Banner Punch. When the order arrived I could hardly wait to get started and began by CASE-ing the SAB brochure (page 5) and had made these two cards in next-to-no-time. They're cute, aren't they?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Occasions Catalogue


I have copies of this catalog available to distribute and you can place orders for these gorgeous goodies from the 28th January.
Its so handy that this catalog release coincides with SALE-A-BRATION, it makes it so much easier to meet my spending targets (WINK). If you have ordered from me in the last 6 months, I will automatically post/hand deliver you one, but if you aren't a customer yet or haven't ordered recently, and you would like a copy of the Occasions Catalogue and the SALE-A-BRATION brochure, send me a quick email with 'Catalog' in the subject line and your name, address and phone number in the body of the email and I'll add you to my mailing list

There is so much in here that I 'have to have' too. One set I ordered is Cool Kid for the super-hero dog image. I am making a dress-up birthday card for my grandsons birthday and that dog wearing a cape will be the finishing touch. I'll show you the card when its finished.
I love the Starburst Sayings with the matching Framelit dies, the Perfect Pennants stamp set and Framelit dies and Happy Watercolor is such a easy stamp to use.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Thinlet Card Dies have been available in Australia since late October 2014 and I have used the Circle Card Thinlets die heaps. So many stamp sets really suit the circle including Santa's List and some listed below too. What about the Get Well card below? It uses one of the stamps from the Tag It stamp set and You're My Hero (ambulance, police car, fire engine).
   Label Card Thinlits Die (item 133479):
  • Happy Day Stamp Set (item 130294 W item 130297 C)
Circle Card Thinlits Die (item 133480):
  • Worth the Wait Stamp (item 131091 W)
  • Five-Way Flower Stamp (item 131088 W)
Both card dies pair well with:
  • Oh, Hello Stamp Set (item 131931 W item 130733 C)
  • Yippee-Skippee! Stamp Set (item 131341 W item 131344 C)
  • Really Good Greetings Stamp Set (item 130330 W item 130333 C)
  • Regarding Dahlias Stamp Set (item 130324 W item 130327 C)
These dies also work well with our new magnetic platform (item 130658) so you can place the dies exactly where you want them!



I am planning to have a class using the Thinlet card die soon, keep an eye open at the CLASSES tab at the top of my blog. There's many a way to decorate these cards!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best Of 25 Years
This months Best of 25 Years stamp set is Best of Brides and Babies. Any of the Best of... stamp sets are available until 30 April 2014 (unless sold out) and there are some good stamps in the collection. If you click on the title, it will take you direct to see which ones have been released already.
Best of Brides
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that you haven't been bored with my long-winded newsletter. If I can help you with anything, I'll do my best to answer any questions, just get in touch any way you are comfortable with.
Phone 0417 500 681 email rpalmieri5@bigpond.com
Bye, happy stamping
Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel