Sunday 14 July 2013

Cupcake birthday CTS#36



My inspiration today was CAS(E) this sketch challenge 36, a much 'cleaner' look than is usual for me, but change is good, or so I'm told!!!!
It may look very plain, but I really went to town with my lovely new Stampin' Up! purchases beginning with a very sweet label stamp from Hostess stamp set Morning Meadow,  stamped in Smoky Slate. There are six super sweet stamps in that set, and I just had to have it after I saw some cards made by others.
Next I used the Happy Birthday from Sketched Birthday, stamped in Melon Mambo and cut with the Bitty Banners Framelits, because it fits so perfectly. Create a Cupcake is the next stamp set, it isn't new but its pretty cute with its matching punch and all the different patty tin cases you can put your cupcake into. I stamped the cupcake case next, again with Melon Mambo and punched it out with the Cupcake Builder Punch before stamping the icing in Pink Pirouette, and punching out. Those pieces were mounted onto a tag cut on the Big Shot using the Chalk Talk Framelits, so easy to use multiple pieces with the NEW Big Shot Magnetic Platform holding the framelits in place so beautifully. Lastly I added lots of tiny pearl sprinkles to the icing, and mounted natural card onto Melon Mambo, and that onto Smoky Slate.




Inside the greeting comes from Remembering Your Birthday, I'm not sure if you can read it but it says Today calls for something pink with sprinkles on top! Isn't that cute? Another patty tin case stamped directly on the card but the icing is a spare punched one decorated with multi-coloured sprinkles (Stampin' Write Markers).
I've had a fun day today with a friend over this morning so I made scones with jam and cream for morning tea, yum!
Hope your weekend was pleasant too....
Rachel


2 comments:

  1. So totally sweet, love the grey and pink combo, it's always a winner!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, this is so sweet and fun!! Who doesn't love a cupcake, especially one with delicious little sprinkles?!! Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel