Tuesday 7 May 2013

60th Wedding Anniversary SSCC#47

What a gorgeous combination of colours at Sunday Stamps Color Challenge#47!

I needed to make a 60th Wedding Anniversary card this week for a lovely Italian-Australian couple, who are having a celebration party the weekend I am away in Brisbane for Stampin' Up! Convention, so my husband will attend on his own.

This couple were great friends to my in-laws and have been there for our family since my in-laws passed away. She is an absolute dynamo! Recently celebrating her 80th birthday, but still frequently out and about, running messages or driving "the old people" around. Her husband is not quite so lively, but neither is he incapacitated, he just loves being at home.




We haven't made a decision yet on what their gift should be, but I decided the silhouette of the bridal couple from Marry Me (retired) was perfect, stamped with Versamark onto Pretty in Pink card (retiring soon). If you are just beginning your stamping journey, you won't have all the matching stamp pads, so Versamark is perfect, because it stamps on any colour about one shade darker than the card colour (like my bridal couple). You can also use it with clear or coloured embossing powder for a different look.

I mounted the pink onto Midnight Muse, which I had edged with the Scallop Trim Border punch and the Scallop Trim Corner punch (both retiring at the end of this catalogue too).

The Framelits Window Frames Collection cut a beautiful shape from Shimmery White Card for the greeting stamped with Memorable Moments in Midnight Muse and mounted on the next size of Window Framelit cut from Champagne (gold) Glimmer Paper.To finish the card I cut three of the sweet little Vintage Flower Trim blossoms and its finished on the outside.

 With all these amazing events I'm making cards for lately like this momentous wedding anniversary and the recent Hundreth Birthday, along with the children's cards and other special birthdays, I don't know what I would do without my Memorable Moments stamp set. It was one of the gifts for attending Stampin' Up! Convention last year in Canberra - I wonder which of the new stamps we will receive this year?

 In a fortnight I will be flying up to Brisbane for 5 days of fun with lots of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from all over Australia and New Zealand, so exciting!

Hope you are enjoying my blog and getting some stamping done too,
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. These colours could not be more perfect for a 60th Anniversary card. You have done a fabulous job!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Rachel! Glad you joined us this week at Sunday Stamps. Hope you have a wonderful time at convention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful anniversary card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps and I hope you have a great time at convention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love the tone on tone stamped image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel