Saturday 7 October 2017

World Card-Making Day



 There was no way I wanted to ignore World-card Making Day, but I was busy in the lead-up with a family 30th yesterday. So this morning, once I'd completed the clean-up, I decided to finish off some partly made cards for this event. The front of this card was a demo piece from a Techniques class I held in September. It uses the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlet Die to emboss an image into the card without cutting.


Dragonfly Dreams is a lovely stamp set in the Annual catalogue, and it also has co-ordinating framelits. You'll find Dragonfly Dreams in my online shop anytime you go shopping. As it is photopolymer and you use your own acrylic blocks, it is relatively inexpensive.


To emphasise the dragonfly wings, I've painted several coats of Wink of Stella Clear onto them. Often it is very difficult to photograph, but I was thrilled with the result today.


When I was making my son's 30th birthday card, I began with a standard-sized card and these colours. A BIG birthday deserves a BIG card I decided before I'd gone much further, and I will share it with you soon.


I'm very fond of Bermuda Bay and Lemon-Lime Twist together and the Daffodil Delight certainly helped paint a pretty picture!


Tranquil Tide made it onto the leaves too, and some Burlap ribbon gives it a country feel, don't you think? Painted Harvest has these leaves and the sunflower. It is available in the Holiday Catalogue, which might mean we say goodbye to it at the start of January 2018. It has been very popular though and you will have seen stacks of cards made with it. It is available on its own, or bundled with the leaf punch at a 10% saving on both. That is only till the end of the Holiday catalogue, after that, if they remain in the range there will be no discount.

 I'm glad I was able to share my projects with you for World-card Making Day. On my Facebook page I have asked for readers to share a picture of their creations for this occasion, and I invite any of you too. Just go to facebook and scroll down a little for the post.
URYS3BV2



No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel