Monday 24 July 2017

Another Masculine Birthday

With five sons, and five grandsons, plus a husband, it usually does seem to be masculine cards I need in my personal stash! Today it is the birthday of my 3rd son, and although he is a plumber by trade, he has an interest in wood turning. My husband discovered some lathes at a garage sale recently and he and our son are reading up on wood turning. Sam has even made a few handles for his chisels.


There is no way that I'll let go of Nailed It anytime soon. I actually live in hope that it will return to the catalogue, but it would be very unlikely. This was fun to put together using the Wood Texture DSP stack for the background and those lovely handles on the tools. They look well-used don't they?
Those flag banners are from Birthday Delivery, and the words can be added in later. The words fit perfectly.


The sentiment used inside is from Colorful Seasons. It is a lovely thought for birthdays or weddings don't you think? When the card is for someone special, I really like to finish them off. The white card has been layered onto Chocolate Chip like the outer part of the card, and linen thread has been wound around the layers at the top of the stacked log strip.


With a lot of guidance, his 3 year old son made a card too. Well, Gran did the cutting and gluing and our little man stamped and applied candy dots - all over! I let him pick the stamp from Boys Will Be Boys, another retired stamp that isn't leaving my shelf anytime soon. He said, "My dad likes Lego", so that was an easy choice. I pulled out the older linen stamp pads, because like most children (and some adults) he presses too hard into the newer foam pads.


He practised on a big sheet of paper first, so that we could be a bit controlled when it came to the real thing. He was great at using baby wipes in-between colours, so his technique is beginning to develop. In this picture he had stamped a sentiment, and he asked, "Is that my name?" He'd been playing with my name and contact details stamp and when he'd asked, I'd told him it was my name, so he must think everyone has a name stamp. Well as a matter of fact, Boys will Be Boys has a sentiment that says 'Best Kid Ever' so I stamped that inside with his name printed after it.

 Hope you find some time to create this week,

Cheers
Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel