Tuesday 12 January 2016

Balloon Celebration Fusion

 That's a fun inspiration picture by Fusion Card Challenge. I've taken the colours, and the party theme from the inspiration photo and grabbed my new stamp set Balloon Celebration. I'm slightly mystified by the wheel-like images I've used and would love suggestions as to what they might represent. I've just used them as a random geometric shape and heat embossed those and the group of stars in black. Once it was set, I rubbed Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo, with colour on a sponge. There are 28 images in this photopolymer stamp set, some are outlines, some are solids. There are several versions of the balloons, two sizes, then an outline, a solid, and a shaded version in both sizes. It gives you lots of options to make a great big bunch of balloons. The stars are solid and outlined too, and then there are a heap of options for what we might like to celebrate with - tea, chocolate, coffee, champagne, cookies or cake. All great ideas, yes? I went with the rather simple balloon string which says 'let us celebrate'.


I began the colour-resist with a 2 inch strip, but decided it was too wide for my card front, which left me a narrow piece for the inside of the card. I do like it when it works out like that, all co-ordinated. 
This stamp set is also bundled with a Balloon Bouquet Punch at 15% discount, and I used that to punch a balloon from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper, Watermelon Wonder and Melon Mambo. The two cardstock balloons were stamped with the shaded balloons.
I'm not quite sure who this will be for yet, so I'll hold off with the additional sentiments on the inside until I know who will receive these birthday greetings.


Don't forget to let me know what you think the image represents!!!
Cheers, Rachel










Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment:

  1. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel