Thursday 15 October 2015

Owl Wish You Happy Birthday

This is the first time I've participated in the challenge at Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, but I was looking for sketch inspiration for a card I was making for my youngest son's girlfriend's birthday (today). 


We were challenged to use a shape besides a circle, but I'm pretty partial to circles, so that's what we have! It has been slipped under the Stampin' Up!® Timeless Elegance DSP, which I've fussy-cut. I guess the real star of this show is Little Miss Owl, who is actually looking so forlorn. It has a lot to do with the position of the pupils, and because I have added blue lids to the eyes the pupils are quite low. The Owl Builder Punch gives you all the pieces you need to put the owl together. The twig is from the Bird Builder Punch, just love all these cute punches, there is even a Tree Builder Punch which can make trees, cupcakes or ice cream.





The sentiment is from Endless Birthday Wishes, a must-have photo-polymer stamp set from Stampin' Up!®, because there are a mix of fonts and phrases. There is more of the same sentiments on the inside of the card and some more of the lovely patterned paper. I scattered some coloured sequins to brighten things up a little, and used the new Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere all the small pieces.



The Gift Bag Punch Board came in very handy for making a matching bag to hold the gift.The Timeless Elegance DSP is rather gorgeous, glad I had it on hand.

Cheers
Rachel






Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel