Monday 11 May 2015

South Pacific Stampin' Up® Convention 2015 - The Final Day

Saturday 2nd May, the final day of Convention, and the weather was vastly better. As usual, the doors opened at 8.30 am and we began with talk of statistics and the like. You may be interested to know that the biggest selling stamp set this year is Festival of Trees and the matching punch. I don't have it ....yet, but my friends have made some beautiful cards with it. Plus, we always seem to love a stamp/punch combo.

Katie Adams then shared with us some of her creating with the new hostess sets from the catalogue. There was one in particular that I didn't like very much at all.......until Katie showed us how to use it.Also some pretty cool techniques with masks and ink.

Brandi Barnard was next onstage to demonstrate and showed us some great ways to use the Envelope Punch Board, besides envelopes! I need to try out the flower she showed us before I forget how to do it.

After we'd been shown how to watercolour for our Make and Take, we went off to the big hall to create. That's quite a busy room of ladies (and a few men).

After lunch, a number of us went outside to warm up in the sunshine. It was so welcome to see blue sky after the stormy days that we'd experienced. The last session only lasted an hour and a half, beginning with a quiz show and finishing with Bonnie (Thurber) Farley creating for us. She always makes me laugh so much, and she used a couple of stamp sets that are on the pre-order, Bohemian Borders and Build A Birthday.

I hope you've enjoyed my summary of the Convention. We are now in the middle of  demonstrator pre-order. If you join now, you can also access the demonstrator web-site and order early.

My catalogues will probably arrive today, while I'm away at work. Let me know if you'd like one, they're $7.95 direct deposit to my bank account if it needs to be posted, or you can arrange to pick one up(or I'll drop it off) if you're not too far from South Morang or Thomastown, Victoria. It's full of all sorts of new stamp sets, punches and other treasures, and you can order from it on June 2nd.

That is also the last day for the current Annual Catalogue, and the Occasions catalogue. I can let you know which of the Occasions stamps carry over, but there are plenty that will finish on June 2nd. Don't leave it too long, and then miss something you really want.

Cheers, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel