Wednesday 4 February 2015

Cheerful Birthday Critters

On my 'to-do' list are family birthday cards! My only grand-daughter, adorable Alice is nearly two, so a special card is called for. I haven't had much experience with girls (lots with boys though!) and I've noticed that Alice plays differently to her brothers and cousins. I have a number of handmade teddies about, and Alice loves to collect them up and sit them on stools. I'm not sure what this game is, but it looks a bit like 'school'.

On the other hand, she also seems to think she can be involved in all the rough and tumble with her big brothers, so perhaps she will have the best of both worlds?
It seemed perfect to use Cheerful Critters for her birthday card. Its such a cute photopolymer stamp set, includes some sentiments which are so easy to position because of the see-through quality. Saying that, I haven't actually used any of the words from the stamp set this time. Happy Birthday is from Boys Will Be Boys (Weekly Deal in clear mount $23.21). The number came from Memorable Moments and the 'you're' is part of another greeting (can't remember which). The signs the bear and bunny are holding are perfect for all sorts of messages!

I've had the picture coloured for a few weeks now, just waiting for inspiration on how to finish it off, and that came from the sketch at Retro Sketches, just turned on its side.

I think it's turned out cute enough for our sweet Alice!

Rachel







Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those are the most darling images! Alice will love this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel