Friday 24 October 2014

Happy Holiday Cheer CTC#13

Here we are back with another challenge in CASE-ing The Catty. Weren't the entries over the last fortnight for gift bags and boxes inspirational? I love to see what others do with the same supplies that I have. This week we are featuring Christmas cards. I've made my Christmas cards for years, even before I came to Stampin' Up!®. Originally, I only made them for a very select group of people I knew would appreciate them, but I never buy Christmas cards now, they're always handmade.
After an evening stroll with my husband, I came home full of inspiration to make this Christmas card.

Those who know me well, always expect a Christmas card in shades of blue, and I haven't decided yet what the design for the bulk card will be this year, but this one just might be in there with a shot!
There's a new Christmas supplement from Stampin' Up!® out now, and I received a shipment a few days ago, so I used Many Merry Stars instead of the Endless Wishes I'd been planning. Both are super-lovely stamp sets, but I wanted to share this one with you before it disappears. The items on this supplement will NOT be carried over, once they're gone, they're gone! Many Merry Stars is particularly adaptable as the little stars inside the larger outlines are all separate pieces, so you can use them together - or not, as you choose. I like the two large outlines for birthday cards too.
The colours I've used are Soft Sky, Blushing Bride, Blackberry Bliss and Wisteria Wonder.

Since the idea of this challenge is CASE-ing The Catty, I was CASE-ing this halloween card on page 46 of the Holiday Catalogue. I liked the way the leaves were layered quite close together toward the bottom of the white panel, gradually thinning out about half way up. I liked the tag they used, but substituted a banner, and I was really impressed with the panel being all askew. It gave the card a novel look I thought, and I will use that again.




The tag is from a stamp set from the Holiday Catalogue, Mingle All The Way. Even though the Thanksgiving tag and the halloween tags aren't a lot of use to us in Australia, the three Christmas tags are so super special that they make up for it! You can see details in the links below and those links will take you directly to the item in my online store.



Cheers,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel